- 100 g of dry chickpeas
- 30 g of tahini paste
- 1 limezest and juice
- 1 clove of garlic
- 30–50 g of olive oil
- freshly-ground black pepper
You will need
- blender or food processor
- Cook chickpeas: soak in water the evening before, then cook in water on medium heat until tender.
- Prepare the vegetables and fruits. Garlic: peel and roughly chop. Lime: zest and juice.
- Mix using a blender or a food processor until you have a uniform paste: chickpeas, garlic, lime zest and juice (half of the amount might be enough), tahini paste, olive oil.
- Add more lime juice or olive oil if too dry. Season with salt and pepper.
Notes & tips
Amounts of ingredients are average and depends on the quality of ingredients, age of chickpeas. You need to taste the hummus and adjust the amounts every time.
The easiest way to peel garlic is to smash it: put a clove of garlic on a cutting board, put your chef’s knife on top of it so the blade side lays on the clove, and hit the side of the knife with your hand. Now you could peel the clove.