This is an easy-to-cook recipe with relatively few ingredients. Homemade kimchi makes it a great lunch with lots of flavor and a bit of spice (or a
Yields 2 portions
For the noodles
- 60 g of rice noodles
- 150 g of kimchi
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 carrot
- 1 zucchini
- olive oil
- soy sauce
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 scallion
- Kimchi could be non-vegan: if not labeled as vegan, it may contain fish sauce.
- Soy sauce is likely not gluten-free and contains wheat.
You will need
To cook the noodles
- Cook the noodles according to the instructions on the package. When ready, transfer to a colander.
- While the noodles are cooking, prepare the vegetables. Kimchi: roughly chop. Garlic: cut into very thin slices. Carrot: peel and grate on a grater with large holes. Zucchini: grate on a grater with large holes.
- On a big saute pan on high heat with a bit of olive oil, fry carrot and zucchini for about 2 minutes.
- Add garlic, soy sauce, and honey. Mix everything and cook for a few more minutes.
- Remove the pan from heat.
- Add noodles and kimchi, mix everything again.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the eggs. On a non-stick pan on medium heat with a bit of olive oil, fry the eggs for about
- Cut scallion into thin slices.
- Serve the noodles with an egg on top, sprinkled with scallion and peanuts.
Notes & tips
This recipe is based on a recipe from Marley Spoon.