Yields two portions
For the noodles
- 60 g of rice noodles
- 150 g of kimchi
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 carrot
- 1 zucchini
- olive oil
- soy sauce
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 scallion
- peanuts roasted
- Kimchi could be non-vegan: if not labeled as vegan, it may contain fish sauce.
- Soy sauce is likely not gluten-free and contains wheat.
You will need
To cook the noodles
- Cook the noodles according to the instructions on the package. When ready, transfer to a colander.
- While the noodles are cooking, prepare the vegetables. Kimchi: roughly chop. Garlic: cut into very thin slices. Carrot: peel and grate on a grater with large holes. Zucchini: grate on a grater with large holes.
- On a big saute pan on high heat with a bit of olive oil, fry carrot and zucchini for about 2 minutes.
- Add garlic, soy sauce, and honey. Mix everything and cook for a few more minutes.
- Remove the pan from heat.
- Add noodles and kimchi, mix everything again.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the eggs. On a non-stick pan on medium heat with a bit of olive oil, fry the eggs for about
- Cut scallion into thin slices.
- Serve the noodles with an egg on top, sprinkled with scallion and peanuts.
Notes & tips
This recipe also works great with rice instead of noodles, though requires more time to cook.
The easiest way to peel garlic is to smash it: put a clove of garlic on a cutting board, put your chef’s knife on top of it so the blade side lays on the clove, and hit the side of the knife with your hand. Now you could peel the clove.
This recipe is based on a recipe from Marley Spoon.