Yields 2 portions
- 500 g of tomatoes
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 sprig of fresh rosemary
- olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
You will need
- Preheat oven to 120 ˚C.
- Smash and peel garlic.
- Arrange tomatoes (whole) in a baking form or on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Liberally drizzle everything with olive oil, add rosemary; season with salt and black pepper.
- Roast tomatoes until they crack and are very wrinkled but still juicy inside, for about 2 hours.
- Remove rosemary before serving.
Notes & tips
Choose cherry tomatoes on a branch or a mix of cherry tomatoes or different colors.
The easiest way to peel garlic is to smash it: put a clove of garlic on a cutting board, put your chef’s knife on top of it so the blade side lays on the clove, and hit the side of the knife with your hand. Now you could peel the clove.
This recipe is based on a recipe from Suzanne Lenzer’s book “Graze”.