It took us many attempts to master the galette
Yields 1 cake
- 200 g of all-purpose flour
- 10 g of coconut sugar
- 3 g of fine salt
- 125 g of buttervery cold
- 100 ml of buttermilk or yogurtvery cold
You will need
- food processor
- container with a lid, about 15×20 cm
- baking paper
- In a food processor, pulse
200 g of all-purpose flour, 10 g of coconut sugar, and 3 g of fine salt, until combined. You should work fast with this recipe, and never let the butter melt. It’s a good idea to keep the dough in the fridge between the steps.
- Cut the butter into 2 cm cubes, and add it to the flour mixture. Pulse until the butter is mixed with the flour but not fully incorporated into it.
- Pour slowly
100 ml of buttermilkor yogurt into the dough mixture, pulsing until all the buttermilk is absorbed. The dough should look dry and crumbly at this stage, with visible pieces of cold butter.
- Take a container about 15×20 cm, transfer the dough into the container, and gently press to incorporate loose bits. Cover the container, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
Notes & tips
This recipe is based on Athena Calderone’s “Cook Beautiful” book.