This garlic butter is the perfect filling for garlic bread. You could also use it to bake potatoes (add more salt) or just as regular butter for sandwiches.
Yields 150 g
- 130 g of butterroom temperature
- 4–5 cloves of garlic
- 4–5 sprigs of parsley
- 3–4 table spoons Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- freshly ground black pepper
Before you start: warm butter to room temperature.
- Finely chop parsley.
- Put butter and parsley into a medium-sized bowl.
- Press the garlic into the bowl.
- Grate Parmigiano Reggiano into the bowl.
- Season with black pepper.
- Thoroughly mix all the ingredients.
Notes & tips
You could keep the garlic butter in the fridge in a sealed container for at least one week.
The easiest way to peel garlic is to smash it: put a clove of garlic on a cutting board, put your chef’s knife on top of it so the blade side lays on the clove, and hit the side of the knife with your hand. Now you could peel the clove.
Based on a garlic bread recipe by Joshua Weissman.