Gluten-free pizza dough
The pizza made with this dough looks and tastes like a regular wheat-flour pizza: crispy and crunchy and tasty and awesome. Try it with our pizza sauce.
Yields 1 tray
- 60 g of buckwheat flour
- 65 g of teff flour
- 200 g of corn starch
- 7 g of instant yeast
- 3 g of salt
- 40 g of olive oil
- 180 g of water55˚C
- 1 egg
You will need
- rolling pin
- Preheat oven to 180 ˚C.
- In a big mixing bowl, mix flours, starch, and yeast using a whisk.
- Add salt, mix again to combine all dry ingredients.
- Add olive oil, 80 g of warm water, and an egg. Mix until a sticky batter forms using a mixer with a paddle attachment on medium-high speed for about five minutes.
- Cover the bowl with the dough and leave it in a warm place (for example on top of the stove with turned on oven) for about 45 minutes or until the dough grows for about 150%.
- Place a sheet of baking paper on a table, sprinkle the paper and your hands with flour, and transfer the dough to the paper. If the dough is too wet and sticky, add more flour to it.
- Roll the dough on the paper and make a thin rectangle of it of the size of your baking tray.
- Transfer the paper onto the baking tray.
- Add the sauce and all the toppings (depending on the pizza you’re cooking).
- Bake for about 25 minutes.
Notes & tips
Our favorite topping: mozzarella cheese, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, cherry tomatoes, olives, jalapeños, and parmesan cheese.