Banana bread was the first Artemʼs baking experience, and itʼs a great choice for an aspiring baker: easy to bake, doesnʼt require many ingredients besides overripe bananas and whatever nuts and dried fruits you have at home. Itʼs a great addition to any outdoor
Yields 1 loaf
- 120 g of butterat room temperature
- 200 g of all-purpose flour
- 10 g of baking powder
- 5 g of cinnamon
- 2 g of salt
- 2 eggs
- 40 g of coconut sugar
- 5 overripe bananas
- lots nuts and dried fruits
You will need
- 21×10 cm baking form
Before you start: warm butter to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 180 ˚C.
- Butter the baking form.
- In a medium bowl, combine
200 g of all-purpose flour, 10 g of baking powder, 5 g of cinnamon, and 2 g of salt, using a whisk.
- In a mixer bowl, mix butter and
40 g of coconut sugar, using a mixer with a whisk attachment.
- In a separate small bowl, break
- Incorporate eggs one by one into the butter and sugar mixture using a mixer.
- While eggs are mixed, in yet another medium bowl, puree bananas using a masher or fork.
- Incorporate bananas into the mixture, using a silicone spatula.
- Add nuts and dried fruits to the mixture.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture. Stir using a silicone spatula just enough to wet the flour.
- Pour the batter into the baking form.
- Bake for
60–80minutes, until a toothpick comes out dry.
- Let the bread cool down, and remove it from the baking form.
Notes & tips
This recipe is inspired by the Banana banana bread recipe.