Yields one loaf of bread
- 250 g of all purpose flour
- 10 g of baking powder
- 1 g of salt
- 115 g of butter at room temperature
- 70 g of brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 5 overripe bananas
- some nuts and dried fruit
You will need
- 21×10 cm baking form
Before you start: warm butter to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 180 °C.
- Butter the baking form.
- In a big mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt, using a whisk.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs.
- In a third bowl, mix butter and sugar, using a mixer.
- Incorporate eggs into the butter mix and sugar mix, using a mixer.
- Puree bananas using a fork.
- Incorporate bananas into the mixture, using a silicone spatula.
- Add nuts and dried fruits to the mixture.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients. Stir using a silicone spatula just enough to wet the flour.
- Pour the batter into the baking form.
- Bake for
50–60minutes, until a toothpick comes out dry.
- Let the bread cool down, and remove it from the baking form.
Notes & tips
For nuts, I like to use pecans, almonds, dried apricots, dried cranberries, and dried rhubarb. Experiment and find what you like.
Use a wooden toothpick to check the cake for readiness: insert it into the cake in several places, if the toothpick is dry, the cake is ready. If the top of the cake is getting to brown, cover it with tinfoil.