Chocolate brownies with dried cranberries
Yields 1 tray
- 100 g of buttercubed
- 200 g of ~50% chocolatebroken into pieces
- 4 medium eggs
- 100 g of caster sugar
- 50 g of brown sugar
- 100 g of all-purpose flour
- 5 g of baking powder
- 30 g of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 100 g of dried cranberries
You will need
- Heat your oven to 180 °C. Line a 20 cm square baking tin with baking parchment.
- Put the butter and chocolate into a heatproof bowl and melt together over a pan of simmering water. Leave to cool slightly.
- Using an electric hand-held whisk, whisk the eggs and sugar together until the mixture is pale and thick enough to hold a trail when the beaters are lifted.
- Carefully fold the chocolate mixture into the whisked egg mixture. Sift the flour, baking powder and cocoa together over the mixture and gently fold these in too. Finally, fold in the dried cranberries and walnuts. Pour the mixture into the prepared baking tin.
- Bake for 25–30 minutes until nicely crusted but still soft in the middle.
Notes & tips
Serve warm or cool, sprinkled with icing sugar.
This recipe is based on Paul Hollywood’s book “How to Bake”.