Burritos are best known as a tex mex recipe, or served more commonly in the north of Mexico. However, Mexicans also eat them in the rest of the country with some different variations. Burritos are a great breakfast for the way, a road trip food, or just an easy-to-cook dish for any time. They are also great to make use of leftovers hanging around your fridge.
Yields 2 portions
- Cut the cheese into not-so-thin slices.
- Warm up the tortillas on a large dry skillet.
- Assemble the burritos: spread the frijole sauce in the middle-low section of the tortilla, distribute the picadillo on top, and put the cheese on top of the picadillo. Now roll the tortilla: flip the lower part over the filling, flip the sides, and tightly roll from the bottom.
- Repeat for the remaining tortillas.
- Briefly toast the burritos on a skillet on all sides.
Notes & tips