Huevos rancheros en sombrero
Huevos rancheros en sombrero, now that’s a bloody good Mexican breakfast dish if you ask us! It’s a hearty and flavorful combination of a fried egg, slightly toasted tortilla, beans, guacamole, and our very special family spicy sauce (but you can also use cheese, salsa, or whatever you have at the back of your fridge). The dish gets its name, which means “rancher’s eggs with hat,” from the sombrero-shaped fried egg that is placed on top of the tortilla. Trust us, the savory egg, beans, and toppings all come together to create a bloody satisfying and flavorful breakfast that will please any appetite. Don’t miss out on this one, folks.
Keywords: fried egg
Yields 1 portion
- Warm a skillet on medium heat with a bit of olive oil.
- Crack an egg on one half of a skillet, and put a tortilla on the other half.
- Sprinkle a bit of salt over the egg.
- Flip the tortilla after about one minute, then flip it again after about 30 seconds.
- Spread the beans on top of the tortilla, place an egg on top of the beans, and cook until the tortilla is a bit crispy on the bottom.
- Serve topped with charred red sauce and guacamole.
Notes & tips
|Charred red sauce||Vegan|