Fusion de huevo en sombrero
This super quick breakfast is a variation of Huevos rancheros en sombrero but doesn’t need frihol sauce, refried beans, charred red sauce or guacamole, so it’s a good option when you only have a piece of cheese and a jar of kimchi (or any other pickle) in your fridge. A combination of melted cheese and kimchi makes it surprisingly hot and
Yields 1 portion
- 1 corn tortilla
- 1 egg
- 2 slices of cheddar cheese
- olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- Kimchi could be non-vegan: if not labeled as vegan, it may contain fish sauce.
- Heat a medium-sized skillet with a bit of olive oil to medium-high heat.
- Put a tortilla on one side of the skillet, and break an egg onto another side. Season the egg with a bit of salt, black pepper, and oregano.
- While the egg and the tortilla are cooking, cut the cheese.
- When the egg is almost ready, flip the tortilla, put the cheese and kimchi on top of the tortilla, and place the fried egg on top of everything.
- Increase the heat to high, and cook until the tortilla is crispy on the bottom and the cheese is melted.