This is a perfect Sunday breakfast
Yields 1 loaf
For the butter
- 125 g of butterroom temperature
- 4–5 cloves of garlic
- 4–5 sprigs of parsley
- 3–4 table spoons Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- freshly ground black pepper
For the bread
- breadof your choice
You will need
- baking grid
- baking tray
- medium oven-safe glass bowl
Before you start: warm butter to room temperature.
To make the butter
- Finely chop parsley.
- Put butter and parsley into a medium-sized bowl.
- Press the garlic into the bowl.
- Grate Parmigiano Reggiano into the bowl.
- Season with black pepper.
- Thoroughly mix all the ingredients.
To make the bread
- Preheat oven to 200 ˚C.
- Halve the bread lengthwise.
- Spread the garlic butter on both halves of the bread, coating the whole area (put a bit more in the middle so melting butter soaks the bread but doesn’t drip too much from the edges).
- Put the bread on a grid, and put a baking tray under (there should be something to catch the dripping butter, otherwise it’ll burn on the bottom of the oven).
- Bake for
10–20minutes, until golden. (If the bread was just baked and still hot, 7–10minutes should be enough.)
Notes & tips