Very simple and universal pizza sauce. Works great with our gluten-free pizza dough.
Yields 200 ml
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 sprigs of fresh basil
- 1 clove of garlic
- 3 tablespoons of tomato paste
- olive oil
- dried rosemary
- freshly ground black pepper
You will need
- Prepare the vegetables. Tomatoes: remove the kernel and roughly cut. Basil: pick leaves without black spots and not too wilted. Garlic: peel and roughly cut.
- Mix tomatoes and garlic using a blender until you have smooth uniform liquid.
- Add basil and mix a bit more, until pieces of basil get small.
- Add tomato paste and olive oil, thoroughly mix using a spoon.
- Season with dried rosemary, salt, and black pepper.
Notes & tips
You can substitute basil with mint, it also tastes great.
Keep the basil flowers, and add them when you make your evening tea next time.
The easiest way to peel garlic is to smash it: put a clove of garlic on a cutting board, put your chef’s knife on top of it so the blade side lays on the clove, and hit the side of the knife with your hand. Now you could peel the clove.