Most granola recipes are using a combination of nuts and dried fruits but our favorite is the simplest of all: with just dried cranberries.
Combined with yogurt and fresh berries, makes an awesome breakfast.
This was our favorite granola recipe until we became date addicts and invented date granola.
Yields 500 g
- 300 g of oats
- 3 g of fine salt
- 5 g of ground cinnamon
- 80 g of melted coconut oil
- 80 g of maple syrup
- 5 g of vanilla extract
- ½ cup of dried cranberries
You will need
- Preheat oven to 180 °C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
80 g of coconut oiland let it cool a bit.
- In a large bowl, combine
300 g of oats, 3 g of salt, and 5 g of cinnamon. Mix everything.
- Pour in the coconut oil,
80 g of maple syrup, and 5 g of vanilla extract. Mix well, until every oat is lightly coated.
- Evenly distribute the granola on the baking sheet using a large spoon.
- Bake for 8 minutes, stir, bake for another
5–8minutes, until golden but not dark.
- Let the granola cool completely.
- Brake it into pieces, and stir in the dried cranberries.
Notes & tips
Store the granola in an airtight container at room temperature for up to two weeks.