Yields 2 portions
- 500 g of pork
- 200 g of roasted buckwheat
- ½ onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 carrot
- olive oil
- 500 ml of water boiling
- bay leaves
- black peppercorns
- freshly ground black pepper
- Rinse the buckwheat, and put it into a bowl, add water to cover the buckwheat to soften it before cooking.
- Prepare the vegetables. Onion: cut into small dice. Carrot: cut into 1/2 cm half-moons. Garlic: cut into thin slices.
- Cut the meat into 1 cm cubes.
- Sauté onion on a large frying pan with olive oil, on medium heat, for
2–3minutes, until transparent.
- Add carrots and cook for 3 more minutes.
- Add the meat and the garlic, and cook until the meat is white on all sides.
- Add 100 ml boiling water, add 3 bay leaves and a few peppercorns, wait until it boils, reduce the heat, and cook covered for about 30 minutes, until the meat is soft.
- Add the buckwheat (without water), and add salt.
- Add more boiling water, so it’s about 1 cm over the buckwheat. Cook for
- Season with ground black pepper and salt.
Notes & tips
The easiest way to peel garlic is to smash it: put a clove of garlic on a cutting board, put your chef’s knife on top of it so the blade side lays on the clove, and hit the side of the knife with your hand. Now you could peel the clove.