This bread recipe is so simple and the result is so good you could do it every day: five minutes of mixing ingredients and the rest is waiting. In the end, you’ll have a pretty loaf of bread with a nice golden crust.
Yields 1 loaf
- 200 g of all-purpose flour
- 6 g of kosher salt
- 6 g of coconut sugar
- 4 g of instant yeast
- 1 cup of watermix 3/4 cups cold water with 1/4 cup boiling water
- butterfor greasing
You will need
- medium oven-safe glass bowl
- In a large bowl, whisk together
200 g of all-purpose flour, 6 g of kosher salt, 6 g of coconut sugar, and 4 g of instant yeast.
- Start adding water and mixing until all flour is moist and you have a monotonous mass. (Don’t add all water at once, otherwise, the dough may be too wet.)
- Cover the bowl and leave it in a warm place to let the dough rise, for about 1 hour. (For example, put the bowl into the oven and turn it on at 180 ˚C for one minute.)
- Preheat the oven to 220 ˚C.
- Grease a medium oven-safe glass bowl with butter.
- Transfer the dough into the greased bowl using a silicone spatula.
- Leave the dough uncovered at the top of the preheating oven for
20–30minutes to let it rise again.
- Bake the bread for 15 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to 190 ˚C and bake for 17 minutes more.
- Remove the bread from the oven, and from the bowl. Let it cool down on the cooling rack for 10 minutes before cutting. (If the bread looks pale, bake it for 5 more minutes without a bowl.)
Notes & tips
This recipe is based on the peasant bread recipe by Alexandra Stafford.